World Bank Jobs: IT Consultant
The World Bank Group has set two goals for the world to achieve by 2030:
- End extreme poverty by decreasing the percentage of people living on less than $1.90 a day to no more than 3%
- Promote shared prosperity by fostering the income growth of the bottom 40% for every country
The World Bank is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world. We are not a bank in the ordinary sense but a unique partnership to reduce poverty and support development. The World Bank Group comprises five institutions managed by their member countries.
Established in 1944, the World Bank Group is headquartered in Washington, D.C. We have more than 10,000 employees in more than 120 offices worldwide.
Poverty has no borders. Neither does excellence. So we continually search for the brightest, most talented individuals from around the globe. And we are proud to employ a dedicated and committed workforce that is diverse in gender, nationality and background.
World Bank Group staff work with governments, civil society groups, the private sector and others in developing countries around the world, assisting people in all areas of development, from policy and strategic advice to the identification, preparation, appraisal and supervision of development projects.
- Post Title: IT Consultant
- Organization: World Bank
- Duty Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Reporting to: Social Protection and Jobs - Social Assistance Team Leader
- 3-5 years of work experience preferably in IT Industry in required areas of expertise
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering / IT or equivalent.
- Experience in an enterprise or consumer software development environment
- Proven experience in architecting and implementing highly scalable back-end for web applications.
- Experience in mobile applications development.
- Hands on experience in Full Stack Java web technologies or .Net web technologies
- Strong understanding of Database design and database performance optimization techniques with prior experience in Oracle, PostgreSQL or My SQL
- Experience in dashboard design.
- Complete understanding of software development lifecycle.
In addition, the consultant will also be responsible for analyzing business needs, develop and maintain web applications to support organizations operations. He will perform IT Services, which include training, consultation, infrastructure support and coordination between various stakeholders. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Identifying business requirements and business processes
- Translating requirements into functional specifications for the technical team
- Track and report on project progress and assess project risks and timeline
- Provide application support on different systems and platforms
- Follow closely to industry's best practices, guidelines and standards accordingly
- Able to perform UAT / SIT
In addition to the above, the candidate is required to have:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both oral and written
- Strong analytical and project management skills and leadership qualities
- Agile experience and has e-government project experiences
- Willingness to travel for work
- Demonstrated high quality of written and verbal communication skills in Bahasa and English
Please submit your CV to Maria Jenny Puspitawati (mpuspitawati[at]worldbank.org) by January 22nd at the latest.