Medco Power Indonesia Jobs: Permitting Specialist
Since establishment in 2004, PT Medco Power Indonesia (MPI) aims to become a reliable electricity provider in Indonesia to support our nation in tackling the nation-wide electricity growth. Owned by MedcoEnergi International Tbk, the largest national listed energy company in Indonesia. MPI strives to become a prominent power producer as an effort to participate in the nation’s economic growth.
The first step of our journey in providing and distributing power supply began in Batam through PT Mitra Energi Batam (MEB), by constructed a 55 MW gas-fired power plant in Panaran. MPI then owns and operates two gas-fired plants with 12 MW capacity each in Palembang, South Sumatera, through PT Energi Prima Elektrika (EPE) and PT Multidaya Prima Elektrindo (MPE).
On top of owning and operating mini hydro power plants in West Java and West Sumatera with total target capacity 40 MW by 2020, we have operate 220 MW Sarulla geothermal power plant and another 110 MW to come in 2018, located in Tapanuli, North Sumatera. We also to develop 110 Ijen geothermal power plant in East Java targeted by 2022. These step our paths towards a more sustainable business that maximizes clean and renewable energy resource.
Beside providing and distributing power supply, MPI through Tanjung Jati B Power Services, obtained a long-term operations & maintenance contract for 1,320 MW Tanjung Jati B coal fired power plant in Jepara, Central Java and operations & maintenance contract for 330MW Sarulla Geothermal Power Plant.
In November 2016, MPI under consortium with Ratchaburi (Thailand) has awarded as the winner to develop the IPP 275 MW Gas-Fired Power Plant project conducted by PLN.
Moving forward, the clean renewable energy resources will become the future plan of MPI. That goals is in line with our commitment to invest in projects that boost local economic development without bringing long term potential disadvantages to the environment.
Today, Medco Power owns and operates a gross capacity over 3,100 MW in IPP and O&M businesses, spread in 20 locations in Indonesia.
Currently we are looking for highly motivated and experienced professional to fill the following position:
- Sumbawa, West Nusa Tenggara
Role and Responsibilities
- Analyze all company regulations and ensure compliance to all development control.
- Direct involvement in obtaining all necessary permits for designated projects, with collaboration to legal and project team to implement various licensing requirements.
- Stakeholders engagement to smoothen access in permitting progress
- Coordinate with project team to maintain knowledge on all licensing changes.
- Collaborate with legal department and evaluate all process activities and establish all company operations.
- Manage and evaluate all regulations and legislations for licensing activities and ensure appropriate implementation and prepare strategies for various business activities.
- Collaborate with project manager and prepare presentations to be presented in all meeting and committees.
- Maintain knowledge on all compliance trends and recommend changes for all company processes.
- Prepare all reports and manage all communications with licensors and perform audit on company’s licenses as necessary.
- Coordinate with senior management and forecast project schedule and resolve all complex licensing issues with help from legal, finance and project teams.
Job Requirement Specification & Skills
- Minimum S1 Legal
- Minimum 5-years’ experience in same field
- Deep knowledge in power plant business permitting (Especially for captive development)
- Knowledge to local stakeholders is a plus
- Flexible, able to travel with high frequency
- Point of hire: Sumbawa
Should you are interested with the position and meet the qualifications required please apply to link below.