Indonesia Asahan Aluminium (INALUM) Jobs: Assistant to the Secretary General
On January 6, 1976, PT. Indonesia Asahan Aluminium (INALUM), a joint venture company between the Government of Indonesia and Nippon Asahan Aluminium Co., Ltd. was established in Jakarta. INALUM is to construct and operate the Asahan Project, in accordance with Master Agreement. The shareholding ratio between the Indonesian Government and Nippon Asahan Aluminium Co., Ltd. on the establishment of the company was 10% to 90%. In October 1978 the ratio changed to 25% to 75% and since June 1987 it has been 41.13% to 58.87%. The share composition then changed to 41.12% for the Government of Indonesia and 58.12% for NAA Co., Ltd. on February 10, 1998.
To implement the provisions of Master Agreement, the Government of the Republic of Indonesia issued a Presidential Decree No. 5 of 1976 for the establishment of Asahan Development Authority as a representative of the Government responsible for the smooth construction and development of the Asahan Project.
INALUM can be recorded as a pioneer and the first company in Indonesia dealing with an aluminium smelting industry with a huge investment of 411 billion Yen .
In practice, the conversion of Inalum's status from foreign investment company to state-owned enterprise happened on November 1st, 2013, as agreed in Master Agreement. Termination of contract between Indonesian government and Japanese corporation consortia took place on December 9th 2013, and by law Inalum officially declared as state-owned enterprise on December 19th 2013 after Indonesian government took over Inalum's remaining shares that previously owned by the consortia. Inalum was becoming the 141st state-owned enterprise in Indonesia on April 21st, in line with government regulations No.26, 2014.
Currently PT Indonesia Asahan Aluminium (Persero) invites the best Indonesian candidates who have passion and high integrity to join our team as:
Assistant to the Secretary General of Mining and Minerals Industry Institute PT INALUM (Persero)
- Reports To: Secretary General of the Mining and Minerals Industry Institute
- Location: Jakarta based
- Duration: 6 Months
- Vacant Position: 2 People
Assistant to the Secretary General shall be responsible for the followings:
- Arrangement of MMII Advisory Board’s meeting logistics, e.g., setting schedules and venues, getting availability confirmation from the participants and any other necessary logistics;
- Preparation of MMII’s presentation materials and any relevant documents, including materials for the MMII Advisory Board’s meetings;
- Coordination and communication with various MMII’s stakeholders, including prepare draft MMII’s letters/communication materials;
- Monitoring of MMII’s on-going and planned activities under the technical research, policy research and global platform scopes of responsibilities, including provide weekly updates/reports to the Secretary General and Executive Director of MMII
- Any and all necessary activities to support the secretariat functions.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point)
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving abilities
- Ability to learn and apply new concept quickly
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to work immediately or with a short notice
- Industrial Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Metallurgical / Material Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Geological Engineering
- Management, Accounting, or other majors of Economics faculty
- Exposure to prominent figures in Mining and Mineral-based Industry
- Gain experience working on Mining and Mineral-based Industry
- Networking Opportunities with Mining and Mineral-based Industry stakeholders
- World Class Hard Skills & Soft Skills Development
- Internship Certificate from PT INALUM (Persero)
Those who are interested please apply to ITB Career Center, ECC UGM or SAC ITS at links below no later than Mei 24, 2019.