US Embassy and Consulate Jobs: Political Specialist
The U.S. Mission partners with Indonesia to strengthen the bonds between our people and our governments to promote and protect democracy, security, and sustainable prosperity for our people, the region, and the world. Ambassador Sung Kim was nominated to be the U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Indonesia on October 16, 2019 and confirmed by the full Senate on August 6, 2020.
The U.S. Mission in Jakarta is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Political Specialist with qualification as follow:
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Jakarta
- Open Period: September 8-22, 2023
- Salary: IDR 349.808.250 / Per Year
- Appointment Type: Permanent
The Political Specialist for Rights and Reform has substantive responsibility for researching critical developments related to often complex and sensitive democracy and human rights, corruption and good governance and rule of law issues and serves as subject matter expert on these issues for the Political Section. Major job functions include: analyzing and reporting on rule of law, judicial reform and corruption trends, monitoring and identifying violations of human rights for inclusion in the annual Human Rights Report; drafting timely and well-sourced reports on portfolio issues; and building and maintaining official and unofficial contacts among government institutions, civil societies, legislatures, academia and other experts. The incumbent also conducts vetting for the Section in accordance with Leahy Vetting requirements. The Political Specialist reports to the Deputy Political Counselor, is supervised by the Supervisory Political Specialist, and works closely with the Human Rights Officer
Qualifications and Evaluations
- At least three years of progressively responsible subject matter experience in any anti-corruption / human rights / rule of law field is required.
- Understanding of Indonesia’s political system, organization of the government structures, historical background of the country, and the nature of political, social, and religious culture of the country is required. Expertise in one of the following: human rights, rule of law, or anti-corruption.
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, History, Economics, Sociology or Journalism is required.
- Fluent speaking / reading / writing in English language and Bahasa Indonesia are required. This may be tested.
- Superior analytical and drafting skills in English and Indonesian; superior contact development skills; strong computer skills; ability to take initiative and work independently to plan, organize and execute complex reports and visits. This may be tested.
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Should you are interested with the position and meet the qualifications required, kindly apply to link below.
Recruitment process is free of charge. Beware of recruitment scam.