BP Indonesia Jobs: Technical Services Specialist | Route to Market Executive
Technical Services Specialist - Jakarta
bp / Castrol are seeking a self-motivated, innovative; solutions orientated lubricants technical service specialist for our Automotive and Industrial business in Indonesia. This person will be required to work in a team environment and take the lead on technical projects and problem solving where required. We have a focus on growing the market share of our lubricants and you will be critical to our organizations success in achieving this goal.
Reporting to the technical services manager AsPac, the technical service specialist Indonesia is both a field and office based technical position that will require a high level of leadership skills, as well as a strong work ethic and will maintain a continuous focus on safety.
About the Opportunity
As part of bp, Castrol lubricants is widely acknowledged as the world’s leading specialist provider of lubricant solutions. Although best known for our expertise in developing lubricants for cars and bikes, we also produce lubricants that directly affect our daily lives in other, less noticeable ways such as in gas and electricity production, transport industries, construction and earth moving vehicles and not forgetting lubricants for the marine sector and for industry in general.
bp lubricant master brands marketed in Indonesia include both bp and Castrol lubricants, as well as Castrol Industrial high-performance sub brands Optigear, Molub-alloy and Tribol
- Responsible for delivering the technical offer for the market in line with overall PU approach
- Support with any requests for technical services where application requirements are intricate, handling technical queries quickly and effectively.
- Actively assist sales teams in resolving technical issues from the use of products / solutions in a timely manner to ensure the company reputation for quality is reinforced, visiting customers to resolve problems when required
- Assist in coordinating all technical issues related to product trials and interprets laboratory reports, as required
- Keep abreast of the latest technical developments so as to be able to competently provide sound technical support
- Support technical knowledge empowerment to the field force through helping with the technical training to sales teams, customers and distributors
- Provide technical training to internal staff, channel partners, technical service vendors and customers where required, in order to improve overall customer satisfaction
- Accountable for identifying and delivering agreed customer value cost down and product upsell targets whether they are value guarantees or internal KPI.
- Projects to be managed within the business value management system (Optival / LE Database) and prioritised via a Joint Business Plans that have been agreed between both bp / Castrol and the customer.
- Develop training materials and delivering training to meet the needs of the business and nominated customers.
- Be the single-point-of-contact for selected key account, managing all customer complaints and utilising the relevant support teams to ensure issues are resolved and reported back to the customer
- Manage HSSE risks associated with travelling and attending customers’ sites
- Ensure Optival / LE data base is correctly maintained and contains latest data in relation to all opportunities being progressed.
- Ensure customer reports and business cases generated are “fit for purpose” and are viewed as adding value
- ensuring all completed reports and business cases are of high standard and can be leveraged by Key Account Contract Owners.
- Input into product development, highlighting customer and industry requirements and benefits.
- You will have a Tertiary qualification in a Technical discipline e.g. Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering or similar and have sound lubricants experience within the automotive and industrial industries. Your basic knowledge of lubrication fundamentals, reliability centred maintenance practices and condition monitoring principles will have you up to speed with our products and their applications quickly.
- Prior experience in a lubricants technical support role is very highly regarded. Essential to your success is your strong commercial acumen and customer relationship building.
- Business acumen skills, analysis & investigations.
- Demonstrated projects management skills.
- Customer engagement and partnership.
- Networking across multi-functional teams
- International Council for Machinery Lubrication (ICML) Certification
Route to Market Executive - Jakarta
Job Profile Summary
Responsible for providing support to indirect customers within an area of technical expertise, optimising the use of tools and applying technical knowledge to support client-based service needs. The scope of the role will influence the grade – this can include financial accountability, geographical scope, leadership responsibilities and overall level of responsibility.
- Bp is one of the largest foreign investors in Indonesia. Through its heritage companies, bp has 70 years of operating history in the country, and we remain committed to Indonesia.
- Discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team.
- Join our team and advance your career as a Route-To-Market (RTM) Executive!
- This role is built to enable B2C business expansion plan and growth agenda, assuring business target include volume, net turnover, gross margin and RCOP is met. The role also encouraged to improve the RTM for automotive business.
In this role the job holder will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that all business activities conform within BP’s code of conduct, country legislative requirements as well as BP strict Health, Safety and Environment policies.
- Develop criteria for shortlisting of distributor potentials based on existing customer policy.
- Develop a distributor recruitment document covering business potential, financial metric, resource requirement and other business required documentation.
- Conduct an initial screening of prospective distributors based on interview, site visits, and establish a shortlist of candidates based on criteria developed.
- Recruit distributors in identified geographies in accordance to agreed B2C business plan using distributor selection and appointment process defined in Indonesia customer policy.
- Post successful appointment of distributor, responsible for the set-up of sales policy at distributor, recruit and train qualified resources, develop and drive distributor to meet business expectation and objectives include the adherence to BP policy.
- Conduct regular business meeting with respective distributors to assure critical metrics are met and any issue / challenges is resolved accordingly.
- Provide timely reports and updates.
- Identify and provide insights on the market opportunity.
To make this possible, you should have:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Business Administration / Management / Economic.
- At least 5 years hands-on experience in the frontline sales in the lubricants or consumer proven understanding in the Sales Management and Distributorships.
- Strong understanding of effective distribution and distributor management, route to market (RTM) and business financials.
- Ability to complete tasks with time constraints and prioritise multiple demands / projects.