Shell Indonesia Jobs: Territory Manager | RTM / ICE Implementation Manager
Shell began operations in Indonesia more than 100 years ago and can look back on a rich history with Indonesia. At Shell Indonesia, we believe that diversity is key: it will help our drive to innovate and make sure that our employees’ ideas will travel. We offer an exciting platform from which you can deliver and excel. Shell Indonesia manages business operations that include marketing and trading oil products directly as well as through its appointed distributors. In 2006, Shell started its Commercial Fuels business in Indonesia: we provide bulk fuels and related technical support to the Industrial and Transport Sector. Shell Indonesia is also planning to establish a significant presence in the upstream sector.
We employ around 270 employees. Read about our projects and sites around the country.
In Downstream sector, Shell Indonesia serves business and motorists market segments. Shell Indonesia manages the business operation which includes marketing and trading the lubricants directly as well as through its appointed distributors.
Shell Indonesia recorded a new milestone in history with the official opening of the first retail station in Karawaci, Tangerang. Shell is the first international oil company in fuels retail business after 40 years.
In Upstream sector, Shell Indonesia is the PSC operator of deep-water block Pulau Moa Selatan and a strategic partner of Inpex, Masela PSC operator which includes the Abadi gas field.
What’s The Role?
As Territory Manager you are responsible for managing the site sales and ensure consistent delivery of the Shell Customer Commitment, including the following:
- Identify Gaps in all aspects of site performance (including service and 'people') for geographical area and mandate, advice or offer Retailer / Dealers Shell-recommended tools, processes, and support to help them to profitably deliver the Customer Commitment at the Retail site and to develop the business for the mutual benefit of both the Retailer / Dealer and Shell.
- Maximizing all sales development potential whilst protecting Shell's interests, through the coaching and motivating of Retailer / Dealer.
- Manage and maintain positive Retailer / Dealer relationships, supporting them to achieve and maintain top class site performance (including counseling to underperforming sites).
- Deliver Sales & Operations targets for geographical area through regular reviews and appropriate action plans.
- Ensure Retailer / Dealer implement all areas of the Customer Commitment and ensure compliance with the Site Operations / HSSE standards, contracts, and manuals.
- Manage and maintain a territory plan through planned renewals / renegotiations and acquiring new sites through prospecting.
- Play a leading role in implementing the local retail strategy in order to secure the best possible network coverage while maximizing the shareholder interests.
- Ensuring that Dealers' and retailers’ actions do not damage Shell's Reputation.
- Ensuring that the retailers trains and develops their staff and understands the importance of people in delivering the Customer Commitment.
What We Need From You?
To succeed in the role, you would need the following:
- Strong business acumen
- Reading P&L statement and generate recommendation / strategy based on that
- Demonstrate knowledge of selling techniques and negotiations skills
- Professional work style including conflict handling and building long-lasting relations
- Work according existing and new processes and standards and still be creative
- Proven ability to show initiative and self-start
- Proven track-record of persistency and maximize business opportunities
- Experienced networker (both internally and externally)
- Proven performance even at times of great change under strong pressure
Route to Market (RTM) / Indirect Channel Excellence (ICE) Implementation Manager
Where You Fit In
If you are a person with passion in the development of sustainable strategic partnerships, then this role could be your chance to fulfill your ambition. You will be a part of a route to market team with the dream of not only managing our business partner but strive to work alongside the business partner to grow them into a world class partners for Shell Lubricant Indonesia.
Indonesia is a huge country with thousands of islands inhabited by up to 260 million people, for which Shell has the aspiration to provide with cleaner energy in their lives. Realizing this aspiration would mean Shell needs to develop a massive distribution network to ensure its products reach the consumer.
You will be part of Route to Market team whose ambition is to continuously develop the network of distribution and ensuring that Shell is growing alongside its distributors.
What’s The Role?
As a Route to Market Implementation Manager, you will be driving the agenda of network expansion across the archipelago. Your primary role will be exploring new medium to reach our consumers, through a sustainable network set up as well as ensuring the profitable growth of our distributor partners. More specifically, your role will include:
- Explore and investigate new medium to reach our consumers throughout the country
- Invest in distributors to ensure they grow into a sustainable and profitable business that becomes a long-standing partnership with Shell.
- Investigate and implement new ways in distributor operation to maximize margins and reach business goals.
- Investigate and implement automation in distributor sales operation to increase efficiency of investment in distributors.
- Lead and co-lead in RTM / ICE (Indirect Channel Excellence) related selected projects.
- Lead recruitment, onboarding, and offboarding distributors.
What We Need From You?
As the role involves working alongside Shell business partners, your excellent people skill & commercial skills will make the difference. You will also need a comprehensive knowledge of a distributor operation to ensure that they can achieve our business ambition, whilst making the partnerships profitable for both Shell & the distributors. Furthermore, you will have:
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree in Management
- A comprehensive knowledge in Territory & Coverage Management
- A comprehensive knowledge in distributor operation (ranging from sales operation, logistics and HR)
- A comprehensive knowledge in distributors financials
- A proven track record in distributor management and sales management
- An excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Comfortable with numbers and possess solid analytical capability
- Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Should you are interested and meet the requirements above please apply to links below.