Caterpillar Indonesia Jobs: Production Scheduler | Service Operations Representative
For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets.
With 2016 sales and revenues of $38.537 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
At Caterpillar, you build what matters—whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide—building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, meeting the demand for energy—and that work is powered by our people.
Every single Caterpillar employee moves our company forward. Piece by piece, part by part, person by person. Together we create sustainable, world-changing solutions that impact lives around the globe. Join our winning team and help build a better world.
Production Scheduler - Jawa Barat
- Plans, schedules, and releases work orders to shop timely & accurately to instruct the production line to support MPS
- Follows up on the implementation of the production orders and monitors the completion of them
- Supports the production line to eliminate the wastes of the excessive WIP by applying the proper lead-time for the production orders.
- Develops & shares the production schedules to accommodate the demand within the practical production capabilities
- Communicates the production schedules completion to customers & shop-floor personnel
Job Requirement, Background and Experience
- College or university degree in Engineering
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills
- Good in planning and organizing skills and has the ability to develop and maintain the computerized spreadsheets and report
- The ability to utilize a variety of computer software packages is necessary
- Experience in scheduling, or related supply chain tasks would be the advantage
- Able to communicate in English (at least passive)
- The position requires the ability to work with a wide range of people
- 1 year contract position(s) available
Service Operations Representative - Jakarta
- The key role of this assignment is applying previous field experience and knowledge of process improvement methodologies to improve dealer profitability. The incumbent is a liaison among dealers, customers and other Caterpillar personnel. Incumbent is very familiar with the company’s processes, systems and methodologies. Incumbent is accountable for contributing to the identification, analysis and resolution of service needs and problems in assigned disciple / district. Position performs complex analysis work, identifies and resolves problems that are less tactical and more strategic in nature. Challenges include developing and meeting expectations in delivering results, considering and recommending alternative courses of actions, making timely decisions and developing greater communication skills. Incumbents may work more directly with other Caterpillar units, customers, and possibly, suppliers.
- Primary roles of the incumbent include: advising dealers on information systems including identifying with dealer Caterpillar systems advantages and shortcomings; assisting dealers in business planning including counseling dealers on facilities, tooling, systems and on effectiveness of meeting expected business results; counseling dealers in developing increased human performance capability such as identifying performance gap solutions; advising on existing and potential customer service issues and improvement measures such as recommending ways to enhance customer satisfaction through training, financial / insurance services, customer support agreements, etc.; consulting with dealers on process improvement methods and assisting with process evaluation; and continuing to develop required proficiency level in the specified foundation competencies and skills.
- Individuals in this position must understand and keep current on customer / dealer market and needs and understand how and why decisions are made within their work group and organization. They are responsible for applying those decisions to support and develop product sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, NPI process, process improvement, warranty policy, etc. Incumbents apply their knowledge of products, technology, industry, and product support, in support of Caterpillar, dealer and customer expectations and needs. Incumbents may provide direction to less experienced personnel.
- Incumbents, along with their manager, will direct their development and continual learning through experience and staying abreast of technology changes. Key learning comes from continued experience in the assigned territory or industry, enhancing communication and people relationship skills, improving problem solving and analysis techniques, building and using business skills, enhancing use of Caterpillar systems and developing leadership abilities. Incumbents must stay abreast of industry and technology changes and relate those changes to Caterpillar, dealer and customer needs.
- Incumbents at this level should be exhibiting competencies at the 4 or 5 proficiency level as defined in the Global Job Profiles.
Background / Experience
- This position requires a college or university degree or equivalent experience. Incumbents usually have had 3 to 5 years prior experience in field assignments and have demonstrated the ability to work independently and to communicate effectively with others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers. Incumbents will have demonstrated the ability to work on increasingly more complex assignments and provide direction to lower level reps on project assignments.
Those who are interested please apply to links below no later than June 21, 2018.