Weatherford Indonesia Jobs: Field Engineer Trainee
Weatherford is a leading oilfield services company. Operating in more than 75 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and approximately 380 operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, and revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent. We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Field Engineer Trainee
Weatherford is looking for driven and determined individuals to join our NextGen graduate program. NextGen is a global leadership development program that is designed to accelerate development of defined competencies and skill sets to prepare you for future leadership positions. There are multiple full-time positions available starting September 2021. As part of our selection process we will be interviewing new graduates and shortlisting several to attend our virtual assessment center.
After an opportunity to engage with our leadership and hiring team we will offer selected graduates an opportunity to join as full-time employees within our product lines that have job openings. If you are selected as part of the team, you will be mentored and trained on the job and through classroom training opportunities getting your career off to a fast start. As a member of the NextGen program, you will be building expertise and managerial skills and you will collaborate with cross-functional teams, while making a real impact on the job.
The position of Field Engineer is physically and mentally challenging, and is a very rewarding and respected job in the oil and gas industry. This is the entry level job for Field Engineer and your responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide testing, repairs, and routine servicing on equipment in the shop and the field. In addition, help generate business to increase revenues through sales of Weatherford products and services;
- Provide onsite Engineering support for the client, Technical Specialists and Well Site Supervisors on location throughout all phases of the job;
- Primary technical support for product line systems and its components;
- Interact with the rig crew and advise driller or company man of events or problem identified during operations;
- Perform daily preventative maintenance and troubleshoot equipment as required;
- Assist in time, cost, and labour estimates for completion of job assignments;
- Recommend measures to improve methods, performance, and quality to increase efficiency;
- Responsible for daily report, records of events and proper database management of all well data;
- Attend morning meetings and conference calls as necessary;
- Writing daily and end of well reports;
- Assist in the rig up and rig down of equipment;
- The operation and management of a mobile field unit and crew;
- Provide reliable, prompt, and courteous service to Weatherford's customers on a 24-hour basis;
- Isolate and solve complex problems on the job site with the assistance of our technical support groups;
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions;
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford;
- Personal career development through external and internal technical and non-technical training;
- You will be required to work in a field and an outdoor setting for extended hours; at times, extreme climates;
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
If you are highly driven, enjoy extensive travel, comfortable taking initiative, and can work in extreme outdoor environments and balance multiple priorities, you could go far on the Weatherford team. An undergraduate degree acquired within the last year from an Engineering program is essential. Effective English written and oral communication skills are a must, as are basic computer and problem-solving skills. If you are prepared to succeed as part of a strong team tackling varied and complex problems, we would love to hear from you.
Specific NextGen Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or Chemical Engineering is preferred;
- Good programming skills;
- Graduation Year: 2020-2021;
- As a part of Nationalization strategy, we are looking for Indonesian Citizens only;
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written);
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, judgment and decision-making skills;
- A strong work ethic and leadership potential;
- Proven ability to work in a team environment;
- Requires extensive travel both domestically and internationally and extended stays away from home;
- Willingness to relocate and work in remote locations over several years;
- Availability to be on-call 24 / 7; travel up to 100% of the time required;
- Ideal candidates have worked in field-based roles before or during their studies.
We offer career growth in an exciting, challenging and rewarding professional environment both in the position advertised and beyond.
Please apply online through link below no later than June 18, 2021.
Only candidates meet the above qualification will be shortlisted.
Weatherford is an equal opportunity employer.