Shopee Jobs: Global Leaders Program (GLP)
Global Leaders Program (GLP) - Batch 8
About The Global Leaders Program
- 2 Year Journey
- 4 Local & Overseas Rotations
- 6 Months Each
The Global Leaders Program is a 2-year graduate program consisting of four 6-month local and overseas rotations, designed for highly enthusiastic and ambitious young talents. Take on a multitude of responsibilities to drive Shopee’s critical projects and be involved in the expansion of Shopee across the region!
What Is In Store For You?
Very Competitive Salary Package
- Our starting salary is as competitive as top management consultancy firms so you get to enjoy the best compensation & benefits package amongst e-commerce companies.
Mentorship & Development
- Get ample opportunities to network with senior management and receive direct supervisory guidance from functional managers throughout rotations to maximise growth.
Strategic & Regional Exposure
- Equip yourself with in-depth business knowledge and develop a wide range of core competencies through job rotations to deepen your exposure to e-commerce in Southeast Asia and Taiwan.
Rigorous Training Curriculum
- Strengthen your leadership capabilities for personal development and equip yourself with in-depth business knowledge through on-the-job training, development and training opportunities locally and regionally. Grow professionally with technical and soft skills.
Highly Impactful & Meaningful Projects
- Make an impact and leave your mark in Shopee by contributing to high visibility projects throughout your rotations.
Enriching #LifeatShopee Experience
- Forge friendships by connecting with other GLP talents across all our offices. Work hard, play hard!
Rotations / Teams
Business Development and Commercial
- Be involved in the pursuit of strategic opportunities by developing relationships and expanding partnerships.
- Walk alongside Shopee buyers starting from the search for a product on the Shopee platform, to the moment the buyer receives the product.
- Build Shopee's data platforms and conduct data analysis to solve business-related issues.
- Be responsible in developing and implementing a product that is impacting millions of lives in the region.
- Conceptualise and implement go-to-market activities to achieve increased usage and visibility.
Stay Local, Go Global!
- Take on a regional role during one of your rotations and get a first hand exposure into the 7 markets across the region.
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Fresh graduate with a good Bachelor / Master degree in any discipline, fresh graduates or less than 2 years of full-time working experience by July 2022
- Minimum GPA 3.30 / 4.00 or equivalent
- Quick learner who is resourceful and driven to tackle hard problems in a dynamic environment
- Self-starter who is determined to lead change and make a real impact
- Passionate igniter who is relentless in the pursuit of excellence
- Effective communicator who is clear in putting across thoughts and ideas
- Leader who can influence people towards the achievement of goals
- Indonesian nationality, taken in a reputable local university or top overseas university
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in extra-curricular activities or any other exceptional achievements
- Intake: November 2021 or July 2022
Round 1 – Written Assessments
- You will be invited to take online assessments focusing on GMAT Data Sufficiency, Mathematics and Logical Reasoning.
Round 2 – Group Discussion and HR Interview
- You will be invited to go through a group case discussion and a 1:1 interview with our recruiter.
Round 3 – Case Study Interviews with Business Managers
- You will be invited to case study interviews with our business managers, where your problem-solving skills and business knowledge will be assessed.
Round 4 – Group Interview with Shopee Senior Management
- You will be given a Shopee case study to discuss in a group and make a presentation to the senior management.
Round 5 - Final Round Interview with Shopee Senior Management
- In the last round, you will be invited to a 1:1 interview with our senior management.
- Congrats on getting onboard the Global Leaders Program!
*The actual selection process for each office may vary. Face-to-face interviews for Round 2 - Round 5 may be changed to online interviews depending on the Government advisory on the coronavirus situation for each office.
Launched In 7 Local Offices
GLP is now launched in 7 offices. Do note that each local office has a different application period. You may click on "Apply Now" to check the application period for each office below.
- Shenzhen / Shanghai
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: When do I start to apply?
- Each local office has a different commencement period or application timeline. Click "Apply Now" to check the applications. Follow us on LinkedIn to get the latest updates on the applications for each office.
Q2: How is the interview process like?
- There are a total of 5 rounds of assessments and interviews.
Q3: How do I know if I am shortlisted for each round?
- Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for Round 1. For the subsequent rounds, all candidates will be notified of their results via email.
Q4: Am I eligible?
- Yes, if you are a final year undergraduate student or postgraduate student with less than 2 years of full-time working experience.
Q5: Is there any preference in majors?
- We welcome everyone from all majors and backgrounds!
Q6: How many GLP talents are you hiring?
- We do not have a limit in the number of GLP talents we are hiring!
Q7: What type of training will I receive?
- As a GLP talent, you will receive many trainings catered to fast-track your development in Shopee. This includes on-the-job training, functional training, soft skill training and overseas leadership training.
Q8: Will I be able to choose my preferred role or business unit for my rotation?
- We will take your preferences into consideration. However, it depends on the availability of the role.